What can you do as a small business owner to avoid false prophets and fake partners?
Know a frenemy when you see one.
Learn to identify these idiotic lightweights who care only for themselves.
These scumsuckers are the scourge of good, fundamental, disciplined business.
And they are always heading for a fall.
And they are determined to take you with them.
Avoid them at all costs.
Just look for these 10 identifying characteristics:
1. They tell you how great they are at doing things that cost you a lot of money.
2. They speak authoritatively on a subject you know little about and keep you in the dark about it the whole time. The less you know the better. That way they can charge you more.
3. They are surrounded by flunkies.
4. They take a business casual approach 98% of the time. They make you feel “relaxed”, use the word “cool” ALOT and laugh at all your bad jokes.
5. They always talk about the competition as being “idiots”, “clueless”, “a joke”.
6. They are quick with a backslap, quick with a joke, always “up”…it’s all charm all the time.
7. They think they are the smartest guy in the room even when it is painfully obvious they are not.
8. They love to meet. And meet. And meet.
9. They charge crazy rates and try to justify it by employing the tallest midget theory.
10. They talk, they talk, they talk and they keep on talking until you are worn down to a defenseless schmuck who finally caves in to their crazy scheme.
There is a special place in Purgatory for these people and in the meantime, you can give them their own experience of Hell on earth by doing one simple thing.